Reasons why your moisturizer is not showing the desired results
Every magazines and beauty or fashion blogs will tell you about the importance of applying moisturizer regularly. So, you researched a bit or saw a commercial and invested in a well-known expensive moisturizer. But, is it working its magic? Are you enjoying all the benefits that were promised to you? Do not blame the company if it is not working, as it is not the company’s or the moisturizer’s fault. To enjoy all the benefits that a moisturizer can provide, you need to learn how to select the correct moisturizer for you. So, do read on to know the ways to select the right one.
Choosing according to your skin type
· Oily Skin- If you have large pores and happen to develop a sheen quickly after you cleansed your skin, then you have oily skin. So, in such a case you should select a moisturizer that is oil-free, that is, it does not contain any oil or oil-based component as an ingredient.
· Dry Skin- If you identify your skin as generally tight or itchy and flakey or reddish, then you have dry skin. So, in such a case, your skin needs a type of moisturizer which can revive and soothe it. Hence, select moisturizers that have essential oil as an ingredient. Here it should be mentioned that, try to find moisturizers that have such ingredients that are known for preventing excess oil formation.
· Normal Skin– If you have an even tone, and your skin is characterized by no sheen or no flaking, then you have normal skin. In such a case, you have to choose moisturizers that hydrate the skin and does not aid in excess oil formation.
· Combination Skin- Your forehead, nose and chin together is known as the T-zone. If you happen to have an oily T-zone only, and the rest of your face is comparatively normal or drier especially in the cheek regions, then you have combination skin. There are many moisturizers available in the market, which are made for this skin type. But, if you cannot find one, then use oil-based one for the T-zone only and an oil-free one for the rest of your face.
· Sensitive Skin- If you are prone to different types of skin irritations and acne, then you have sensitive skin. In such a case, it is best to go for such moisturizers that are made for this type of skin type or is a part of any acne/skin irritation reducing skincare program. You can also consult a dermatologist to get a prescribed moisturizer.
Choosing the type of moisturizers can be a Skin Care Addiction
You should know that choosing a moisturizer according to your skin type is not the only thing that you need to consider. You also have to choose the right thickness of the moisturizer according to your skin type.
So, if you have dry skin, then go for moisturizers that are ointments or just as thick. As normal skin requires hydration so, you have to choose cream-based moisturizer if you have normal skin. On the other hand, if you got oily skin, then lotions or gel-based moisturizers will be just perfect for your skin type.
There you have it, the different ways to choose the right moisturizer for your skin. So, if you buy accordingly and follow the direction of the application as written in the package, then surely you will be able to enjoy all the benefits that moisturizers can provide.